Have Some Common Sense
These are my personal opinions. Read before commenting.
1. If you are stupid enough to get so shit-faced drunk or high, anything that happens to you; from embarrassing photos to unintended sex; is YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT. You have no right to claim that someone raped you after you told them you wanted to have sex with them. I don't give a flying frog's ass that you were drunk. It's different if you were drugged BY someone, but if you take the drugs of your own accord and you KNOW you're taking drugs, you have no right to bitch.
2. Just because something is legal, doesn't mean you have to do it. If you don't agree with abortion or legalized marijuana or gay marriage, don't get an abortion, don't smoke pot, or don't have a homosexual marriage. Same goes for guns. If you don't believe in owning guns, DON'T OWN ONE!! Obviously, this point applies to more than just the issues listed, and I don't understand why its such a hard concept for people. If you don't believe in something, just don't do it. Simple as that.
3. Just because something is legalized, doesn't mean everyone is suddenly going to start doing it. People act like just because the government says something is okay, everyone is suddenly going to abandon whatever morals they had against it and start going crazy doing whatever it is that was made legal. That is NOT the case. For most important issues, people will stand by their morals.
4. Just because the government makes something ILLEGAL, doesn't mean people WON'T do it. People also act like making something illegal is going to make anyone who does it suddenly stop doing it and that anyone who does do it will be thrown in jail. The reality is, people will do it and people will get away with doing it. Take guns and abortion for example. If the government made "high-capacity" weapons and abortion illegal, there would still be people who would own and use those weapons and people who would get abortions. The only difference is that they would be doing these things on the black market. In the case of abortion, this would be highly dangerous for women who got them, because there are no health and safety regulations on the black market. For example, even though I don't totally agree with abortion, I would rather it be done in a clean and safe environment so that the woman doesn't end up with a serious infection or dying. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
5. STOP BEING OFFENDED. Just stop it. ESPECIALLY if it doesn't involve you. As an example, if someone calls another person a racial or gender slur, no one but that person has any right to be offended, even if they are a member of that race or gender. The only person who has any right to be offended by anything is the person it was directed at. If someone says something like, "All Irish are drunkards." THEN all the Irish people can be offended, but if someone says "You guys are a bunch of Irish drunkards." Then only the group of people they were addressing can be offended. That being said, there is a difference between MALICIOUSLY insulting someone and joking with someone. LEARN TO TAKE A JOKE. If you can't take a joke, you'll always be a victim.
6. Last but not least: If you are in a debate with someone about ANY issue, keep it civil. The moment you stoop to slurs and insults or pulling the victim (race, gender, etc.) card on someone, I'm done. I don't care WHAT your opinion is. If you're not going to pose a reasonable and decent argument ON TOPIC, you don't deserve to argue at all. If you feel like you're losing, give up and move on with your life. Don't change the subject. If it's really THAT important to you, go do some more research, build a better argument, and try again! You don't need to be an ass about it.
Okay. I'm done with my spiel. This is an intellectual inquiry. If you have comments or questions, leave them below. I'll try to answer any questions. Thanks for your time.