Apply to be a part of the SGA senate!
Be the change you want to see and get involved!
posted over 5 years ago
Are you interested in making a difference on campus? SGA Senate has openings to help YOU make that happen! Apply now! Click view website to get to the application!
Senators are elected by students during the May election. Due to vacancies we are looking for enthusiastic students to fill open positions for Spring 2015.
Some of the responsibilities of Senators include:
- Foster open communication with the student body
- Represent the student voice to different parts of the UMBC community
- Take actions to improve our campus
- Take a stance on issues relating to any matters including, but not limited to, policies and practices at UMBC.
Senators are required to:
- Attend the Senate meetings at 5:30pm on Mondays (the meetings usually run for 3 hours)
- Serve on university shared governance committees
Please contact the Speaker of the Senate, Hannah Khan, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any more questions.
(edited over 5 years ago)