Get to Know Josh Massey: Candidate for Senate (The Sequel!)
A year has passed...Here's what I've done and what I'm doing
- Advocated for and delivered on much-needed upgrades to the Student Org Space, a one-time investment of $51,500 directly from the SGA. (Fall 2014 - Spring 2015)
- Worked with the Learning Resources Center to expand Supplementary Instruction (SI) sessions (Fall 2013 - Spring 2014)
- Assisted with two ProveIT! projects, one of which intended to add Sunday hours to the University Center's Starbucks. Although the project did not win the vote, Chartwells (our dining contractor) saw the great interest and decided to open Starbucks later during the week, which has been a tremendous success. Even though we did not resubmit an application, the former ProveIT! project continues to gain attention, and I will continue to advocate for this. (Fall 2013 - Spring 2014)
- Implementing the "SGA Initiative Tracker" -- a website accessible to the entire UMBC community and beyond that will serve as a public interface of the SGA, making SGA a more transparent organization.
- Looking into the possibility of having more software we use for classes available to students for download on personal computers
- Increasing the transparency of the organization by moving a couple of meetings to public spaces