Best and Worst Sites for Job Search?
There are very few discussions here about employment opportunities, job search or tips to get a reasonable job.
BEST JOB SEARCH SITES
1. UMBCworks is, of course, the best job search for us. Even if most jobs posted here are mostly from Maryland, it has very solid and reliable information about the employer and explanation about the job. It has amazing web interface and functions. In fact I got an internship job through UMBCworks. I honestly visited to UMBC career service center and never want to check again, because it is just like it is - find yourself :).
2. I think www.LinkUp.com is a very good Job Search Engine. Its uniqueness is that it directly post the jobs from the employers. When a job posted in this search engine is clicked, it directs to the employers' job posting page. It is amazing. It is not the same like so called careerbuilder where most of jobs are fraudulent and are from employment agencies.
3. Simply Hired also is a similar job search like LinkUp. It is a great site, too.
4. Indeed.com - this one also is a great job search engine.
5. For those who like to work for non-profit sector, I think www.idealist.org also is a very good direct link job search engines. It connects with thousands of organizations mostly non-profit organizations.
Please share other good job search sites, if you know one. Let's share this. It could be helpful for us now or in the future.
UNFAVORABLE JOB SEARCH - Best to avoid!
1. Career Builder (www.careerbuilder.com) post jobs that are mostly from employment agencies, and many of jobs here are without employer information - that mean any body could just post all kind of job and position here - no control, we don't know how safe is this job search either. It is better to avoid this.
2. Monster Job Search (http://jobsearch.monster.com/) also has many jobs but the problem is that for some jobs, the company information is hidden.
3. There are hundreds of jobs search engine like this ... Please share, so that we all can be aware of them.