CARAVAN TO POOR PEOPLES CAMPAIGN & MARCH (2013): BALTO TO DC
RECLAIM DR. KING JR’S DREAM DURING THIS HISTORIC YEAR
On the anniversary of the Poor Peoples Campaign help to ignite a fight for people’s rights and join the: 2013 POOR PEOPLES CAMPAIGN & MARCH FROM BALTIMORE TO WASHINGTON D.C.
Beginning on Sat., May 11th – the anniversary weekend of the Poor Peoples Campaign
• To end the epidemic of police terror and mass incarcerations.
• To protest austerity and end poverty - We need jobs or income now!
• To stop attacks on workers rights.
• For justice – to stop racism, end attacks on immigrants, women, & LGBTQ people.
• To end war and occupations and spend the trillions on education, jobs, and healthcare.
If Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. were alive today he would be calling for such an effort.
If you are interested in organizing your community, school, or union to be part of this effort call us for upcoming organizing meetings.
The campaign to reclaim this historic year and Dr. King Jr’s legacy; to fight back against police terror, austerity, attacks on workers and student rights was consented at the Dec 15, 2012, National Peoples Power Assembly.
If you were not at this important gathering, but want to be involved please call us @ 410-500-2168 or 410-218-4835 or email BaltimorePeoplesAssembly@gmail.com. To sign on as an endorser of this effort please contact us by phone or email.
Initiated by: Southern Christian Leadership Conference of Baltimore and the Baltimore Peoples Power Assembly – 2011 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218