2019 ISD Now Forum at UMBC
Why You Don't Want to Have the Perfect Learning Organization
The title for this presentation is a little strange, don’t you think? Perhaps provocative. Probably inaccurate – after all, we all are striving for perfection in the work we do and the careers we pursue.
However, to have the perfect learning organization you would need the following to be true:
- Your audience is static – perhaps comatose
- Your organization is placid, doing the same things year after year after year
- Your technology is locked – Moore’s law would have to be repealed
- You would need to operate in total isolation, controlling all the variables that you use to define “The Perfect Learning Organization”
- And FINALLY, you would need to have UNLIMITED RESOURCES!!
Given that one or more of these items is ‘false’ inside of your organization, how can you create the optimal learning organization? Dr. Elliott will present an approach for creating an optimal learning organization that is responsive to its audience, aligned with the organization in which it operates and optimizes available resources to maximize its impact on the business outcomes that matter.