Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: UMBC Campus
Reporting to the Business Services Specialist, the incumbent will support the accounting and receiving area of the Albin O. Kuhn Library & Gallery.
Responsibilities: The candidate will be responsible for or will serve as a backup to the following tasks:
- Prepare cash receipt documentation for daily deposit.
- Process invoices in UMBC PAW for Library Serials and Monographs daily.
- Serve as back up to Business Service Specialist with transactions recorded in Aleph. Staff will process requisitions, contracts, and payment requests for all Library Departments.
- Process payment using the UMBC purchasing card (P-card) while maintaining backup documentation.
- Process all Library supply orders using the purchasing card or PAW system.
- Complete reconciliation for Library Revolving and Library Gallery transactions.
- Monitoring transactions and budget for accuracy.
- Serve as a P-Card reallocator to the Gallery staff.
- Pick up, verify and distribute Library and Gallery paychecks biweekly.
- Shipping and receiving postage using UPS world-ship for Library departments.
- Provide a professional level of customer services relating to inquires about payments by effectively communicating, whether verbally or written, with all parties involved.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including serving as back to the Business Service Specialist.
- previous supervisory experience
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and REX
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with Google Docs
Please note the Type and FLSA Status above to determine the benefits offered for this position.