2014 TA Training/Orientation: Teaching & Learning Workshop
For all new TAs and graduate students interested in teaching
Breakfast and Lunch will be served.
- $2000 "Professors in Training" (PROF-it) Opportunities at the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) - UMBC/CCBC Teaching Fellows Program
- Teaching Undergraduates Through the "Introduction to an Honors University (IHU)" Program
- "Teaching Disciplinary Thinking"
- Instructional Technologies (Including Blackboard, Bb screencasting, and Bb Collaborate for virtual office hours.)
- Conflict Resolution: What Every TA Needs to Know
- Assisting Students with Disabilities
- Counseling Center
- Panels of experienced TAs and instructors in Social Sciences and Humanities disciplines, and for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields.
- Lunch Success Seminar on Life/Work Balance (Robert Deluty, Associate Dean of the Graduate School, Associate Professor of Psychology, Affiliate Associate Professor of English, Poet, and Author). Register for this event using the following link: http://my.umbc.edu/groups/promise/events/24706
7. Zana Coulibaly (Mathematics and Statistics)