Dissertation House: July 7-10, 2015
The Summer Dissertation House is coming to UMBC, July 7-10 2015. Graduate students who plan to participate should follow the application procedures on the application webpage for the Dissertation House.
Open application period: Early bird May 20, 2015 – May 31, 2015. Late registration June 1, 2015 – June 7, 2015 (Applications received during the early bird period will have priority)
(Please note that there are only 15 to 18 slots for this event, consider applying early)
Applications received after June 7, 2015 will be considered for the DH waiting list. More information about the Dissertation House: https://dissertationhouse.wordpress.com/about/
- The Dissertation House runs from 9 AM – 5PM, for four days, Tuesday, July 7 through Friday, July 10.
- Students must plan to attend the full session, for each of the 4 days.
- Daily schedule includes 2 mini-lectures, and 5 hours of writing per day.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and a snack will be served daily.
- The July 7-10, 2015 Dissertation House is only available to UMBC’s graduate students.
- This version of the Dissertation House is open to all graduate students, in all disciplines.
- There are 15 to 18 spaces available for the Dissertation House.
- Details regarding eligibility can be found on the application page of the website for the Dissertation House.
- Subscribe to the website: http://www.thedissertationhouse.com
Read about The Dissertation House in UMBC’s Alumni Magazine: Byrne, R. (2011, Fall) “The Write Stuff”, UMBC Magazine. p. 12
Click "I can attend" on this event *AND* follow the application procedures on the main website for the Dissertation House: https://dissertationhouse.wordpress.com/apply/
In August, we will hold a consolidated, marathon version Dissertation House for STEM graduate students of the USM, during the PROMISE Summer Success Institute.
The Dissertation Houses are co-sponsored by PROMISE AGEP: Maryland Transformation (an AGEP-T project), The Graduate School at UMBC, and The Graduate School at The University of Maryland College Park.