Dissertation House for Employees and Non-traditional student
Make progress on your dissertation with 2 days of writing!!!
To be considered for this workshop, please follow the instructions provided on the following website:
- Students must plan to attend the full session, for each of the 2 days.
- Breakfast, lunch, and a snack will be served daily.
- The Dissertation House is free for UMBC's graduate students.
- There are 15 spaces available for the Dissertation House.
- Details regarding eligibility can be found on the application page of the website for the Dissertation House.
- Subscribe to the website: https://dissertationhouse.wordpress.com/
Friday, 10/13/17, 9:00 – 5:00 PM (Part I)
Saturday, 10/14/17, 9:00 – 3:00 PM (Part II)
Read about The Dissertation House in UMBC's Alumni Magazine: Byrne, R. (2011, Fall) “The Write Stuff,” UMBC Magazine. p. 12 and the research paper, "The Dissertation House Model: Doctoral Student Experiences Coping and Writing in a Shared Knowledge Community.," in a special issue of the journal, CBE-Life Sciences Education (LSE) devoted to "Broadening Participation in the Life Sciences." http://www.lifescied.org/content/15/3/ar34.full.pdf+html