Teaching and Learning Seminar for Graduate Students @UMBC
For TAs & all students interested in teaching, now or future
Thank you for visiting this event's information page. We also ask that you CREATE a profile on The Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching, and Leadership (CIRTL) website: https://www.cirtl.net so that you can access materials that are part of the national center.
Please RSVP below by clicking on the "GOING" button.
Continental breakfast and lunch will be served.
- $2000 "Professors in Training" (PROF-it) Opportunities at the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) - UMBC/CCBC Teaching Fellows Program
- Teaching Undergraduates Through the "Introduction to an Honors University (IHU)" Program
- The Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching, and Leadership (CIRTL) - UMBC's Role in the national center, and available resources
- "Teaching Disciplinary Thinking"
- Instructional Technologies (Including Blackboard, Bb screencasting, and Bb Collaborate for virtual office hours.)
- Conflict Resolution: What Every TA Needs to Know
- Assisting Students with Disabilities
- Counseling Center
- Panels of experienced TAs and instructors in Social Sciences and Humanities disciplines, and for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields.
- Teaching opportunities that exist with UMBC's first-year programs - C. Jill Randles, Assistant Vice President and Assistant Dean, Undergraduate Education
- Opportunities for enhanced training with Skillsoft - Jill Weinknecht Wardell
- Center for the Integration of Teaching and Learning (CIRTL) certifications - Dr. Tracy Irish, Clinical Assistant Professor, MAE, Science and STEM Education
- The Graduate Assistant Advisory Committee
- Breakout Sessions (Discussions include: Leading a lab, grading, teaching class, time management, and more)
- Md Shafiqul Islam (Computer Science and Electrical Engineering)
- Hedyeh Bagherzadeh Omandani (Computer Science and Electrical Engineering)
- Cassandra Simmons (Psychology)
- Brittany Gay (Psychology)
- Fariha Khalid (Sociology, Anthropology, and Health Administration and Policy)
- Mallika Bhattacharya (Biological Sciences)
- Alexis Rubin (Biological Sciences)