A Conversation on Work-Life Balance
The Deluty Series on Holistic Graduate Student Development
In Honor of Dr. Robert H. Deluty (Former Associate Dean of the Graduate School, retired), UMBC's Graduate School now has a lecture series to discuss holistic issues such as work-life balance.
We are honored that Dr. Jeffrey Halverson, Associate Dean of the Graduate School and Professor of Geography, and Dr. Renetta G. Tull, Associate Vice Provost and University System of Maryland (USM) Director, Graduate & Prof. Pipeline Development and Special Assistant to the USM Sr. Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, will guide a conversation regarding better practices to promote work-life balance.
Topics in this session might include:
- Suggestions for navigating graduate school
- Where should I focus my efforts?
- What can I do or should I do outside of work?
- Is it normal to feel that I am always behind on a deadline?
- Is it considered slacking if I take a couple of hours to entertain a hobby?
Make sure that you bring up your questions or concerns (suggestions are also welcomed) about work-life balance during our session.
Additional speakers include:
Dr. Christopher Rakes, Associate Professor, Education
Dr. Bruce Herman, Director, University Health Services, and The Counseling Center.