Fall 2018 Dissertation House for Non-Traditional Students
including University Employees, and Career Professionals
This activity is open to any full-time UMBC employee who is working on a thesis or dissertation, at any university, e.g., UMBC employees who are in the doctoral program at Frostburg University. This activity is also open to UMBC graduate students who are full-time employees, career professionals, or non-traditional returning students.
Dissertation Coach: Dr. Wendy Carter-Veale
Applications are open until September 21, 2018.
To be considered for this DH please complete the following:
- Click “Going” below, *AND* follow the application procedures on the main website for the Dissertation House: https://dissertationhouse.wordpress.com/apply/. The application period to apply to attend this Dissertation House will close on September 21st.
- The Dissertation House runs from 9 AM – 5 PM, for two days, Friday, October 12 and Saturday, October 13.
- Students must plan to attend the full session, for each of the 2 days.
- The daily schedule includes 2 mini-lectures and 5 hours of writing per day.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and a snack will be served daily.
- The Dissertation House is free for UMBC’s graduate students.
- There are 18 spaces available for the Dissertation House.
- Details regarding eligibility can be found on the application page of the website for the Dissertation House.