Teaching and Learning in the Diverse Classroom
Counts towards CIRTL teaching certification
Please click “Going” below to reserve your seat for this session, and we will send you a Google calendar invitation with a WebEx link one hour before the session. If you register less than an hour before the session, you will receive the WebEx link when you register. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. If you have registered and find that you can no longer attend, please kindly release your spot so that others may attend.
§ Counts towards INNOVATE Certificate
UMBC’s Faculty Development Center continues the Diverse Classroom Series launched in February 2017!
Sessions in this series are designed to help you capture UMBC’s strengths in diversity to create vibrant learning environments--environments that effectively challenge and support every student. During interactive sessions, faculty and staff colleagues will help you address challenges and explore key questions, for example,
- How can you learn about your classroom audience to better connect with your students and reflect on their learning needs?
- How can you make your classroom more hospitable for all learners?
- How can you handle sensitive discussions in your classroom?
- How can you ensure that students from different academic and social backgrounds and with different physical and cognitive abilities experience classrooms where they are welcomed, challenged, and supported?
- Faculty and staff who aspire to make their classrooms more inclusive of our diverse student population.
- Graduate students and postdocs interested in a teaching career.
- For additional resources, see https://fdc.umbc.edu/teaching/the-diverse-classroom/.