Eight-Month Communities Close at 8 p.m.
Eight-month communities (Chesapeake, Erickson, Patapsco, Susquehanna, and Harbor (2-4 North & all East wings) close for Thanksgiving Break on Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 8:00 p.m. and reopen on Sunday, November 27, 2022 at Noon.
Students in 8-month communities are expected to vacate and complete the below checklist to help ensure the overall health & safety of your room and personal belongings:
- Clean your bathroom and personal spaces well.
- Remove and dispose of all trash in a trash room or a dumpster.
- Turn the heat to 68-72 degrees.
- Unplug all appliances and extension cords from the wall, with the exception of refrigerators and fish tanks.
- Feed your fish and water your plants.
- Pack medications and other necessities you might need during break.
- Turn off water.
- Turn off lights and bathroom exhaust fans.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Close blinds on ground-level floor rooms; leave blinds up on all other floors.
- Report facilities concerns to your RA or FXIT (410-455-3948).
RAs will conduct an inspection in each 8-month community. Failure to properly prepare your space and vacate by the deadline may result in student conduct action. For more information about break closing please contact your RA or Community Director.