We have exciting news to share!
The Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) created the Maryland State Financial Application (MSFA) for qualified MD Dreamers and DACA recipients to apply for Maryland State Aid:
- Maryland Community College Promise Scholarship | Deadline: March 1
- Howard P. Rawlings Educational Excellence Awards Program | March 1
- Part Time Grant
- Richard W. Collins III Leadership with Honor Scholarship
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Students who are eligible for in-state tuition, but not federal aid
Start by creating your MSFA account.
Common MISconception: A SSN is NOT needed for undocumented students to receive the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) report, which determines the level of financial need. You need a SSN for this aid, but apply to FAFSA even without a SSN (type in zeros!). The EFC can help you with available state and college aid. Here's a helpful link!
Here are FAQS about the MSFA. As you read through all the links, you'll find that some won't apply to anyone at UMBC. This is why we need to spread the word to the high school students who want more education so badly but are financially insecure!
As always, reach out with any questions/concerns at RetrieverImmigrantsUnited@umbc.edu. We're here for you!