SDS is open later during Final Exams. Testing hours are 8:30 am to 6:00 pm, each day, December 12 – 18. We are not open on the weekend.
Please pass the word to colleagues and peers about these extended hours. If you have testing accommodations with SDS and have not yet scheduled your finals, please do so right away! To schedule your final exams, please follow these steps to check for and avoid time conflicts.
1. Check the Common Finals Schedule at https://registrar.umbc.edu/files/2019/09/Fall2019-Common-Final-Exam-Schedule.pdf
2. Check the Regular Finals Schedule at https://registrar.umbc.edu/files/2019/08/Fall2019-Regular-Final-Exam-Schedule-1.pdf
3. Carefully calculate your extended time. Most final exams are 2 hours in length for non-accommodated students, so you may need 3 or 4 hours for each final, depending on your time extension.
4. Carefully think through how your finals may fit into the SDS testing schedule. For example, if the class is taking the final at 6pm, you would need to start at 2 or 3pm at SDS to use your extended time before we stop testing for the day. To start at a different time than the class, you will need your instructor’s permission. Please email or speak with them right away if you need to start your final at a different time than the class.
5. Check to see if your extended time will cause overlapping finals if you have more than one final in a day – communicate with your instructors to determine the time you should take your final at SDS if is is not possible to take it at the same time as the class due to overlapping time conflicts.
6. Schedule your exams in the Accommodate software with SDS.
**If you have any questions about scheduling your finals or would like assistance in figuring out how to address time conflicts, please email us right away at disAbility@umbc.edu. You can also call or stop by the office in Math/Psych Bldg Room 212 during our regular office hours 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Our phone number is 410-455-2459.
***As always, exams must be scheduled with at least two business days advance notice – that means scheduling on Thursday for a Monday test, Friday for a Tuesday test, etc. If you can schedule now for any exams you need to take at SDS, that is best!
See you soon!