SkillSoft Spotlights focus on just-in-time online learning to help you more masterfully manage yourself personally and professionally, improve your effectiveness in managing your work, and support you in skillfully leading your teams. Each course is 30 minutes or less and is curated to provide tools, strategies, and practices to accelerate your success.
This week's spotlight course is Leading Your Team Through Change (30min)
Change is always happening. Effective team leadership means managing teams through the ongoing transition processes that facilitate change. Removing obstacles that can hinder the productive teamwork required to make these transition processes smooth is essential. In this course, you'll learn about types of resistance and obstacles to change and how to overcome them in a collaboration. You'll also learn about how to overcome barriers to introducing change at your organization. Finally, you'll learn effective approaches for communicating change when working on a team.
- match sources of employee resistance to change to examples
- match types of change resistance to actions for dealing with them
- recognize various change obstacles in an organization
- identify tactics for overcoming obstacles to change
- match information-based roots of inertia with examples of how to overcome them
- identify examples of ways to overcome action-related employee inertia
- recognize appropriate ways to communicate change
- recognize tactics for effectively leading change in your organization
Using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, Login to SkillPortusing your FULL UMBC email address for both the username and password boxes.
Once logged in, simply type the name of the course in the search bar.
Need Login Assistance? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your account and to help with login difficulties. UMBC faculty and staff accounts are set up within 1 month of hire.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Visit our UMBC SkillSoft page for information on UMBC’s curated role and topic-based certificate tracks as well as professional industry certifications that align with SkillSoft courses.