SkillSoft Spotlights focus on just-in-time online learning that supports you in navigating complex challenges in personal and professional life, helps you to increase your effectiveness, and to improve your relationships. Each course is 30 minutes or less and is curated to provide tools, strategies, and practices to accelerate your success.
This week's spotlight course is Being an Effective Team Member (30 min).
Making a real, positive difference on a team is not necessarily about showing team leadership. Even if your role doesn’t involve managing teams, you can still make an important contribution by being a strong team member.
This course covers strategies and techniques to help you become a more effective and valued team member. You'll explore ways to adopt a positive mindset toward teamwork, so that you can make a significant contribution. Because your success when working on a team depends on pulling together with other people, you'll also learn constructive ways to acknowledge differences and show respect for teams, and specific strategies for team collaboration.
- recognize the effects that having a good attitude can have on a team
- identify strategies for adopting a positive mindset about working on a team
- identify the characteristics of a team member who has a proactive attitude
- recognize how to be a proactive team member
- recognize how to acknowledge team members' rights to have differing opinions
- recognize strategies for demonstrating tolerance and treating teammates with respect
- recognize strategies for working collaboratively with others
- use strategies for being an effective team member
Once logged in, simply type the name of the course in the search bar.
Need Login Assistance? Email email@example.com to set up your account and to help with login difficulties. UMBC faculty and staff accounts are set up within 1 month of hire.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Visit our UMBC SkillSoft page for information on UMBC’s curated role and topic-based certificate tracks as well as professional industry certifications that align with SkillSoft courses.