Use these resources to prepare for Election 2022:
- Register to vote in Maryland: Maryland’s voter registration deadline for the 2022 general election is October 18. UMBC’s voter registration portal will help you take the first steps to registering to vote regardless of where you live. If you are a Maryland resident, you also can go straight to the state’s online portal.
- Request a mail ballot, then vote in The Commons: Registered Maryland voters can complete an online request for a mail-in ballot here. Once you have received and completed your ballot, you can submit it by placing it in the official Board of Elections dropoff box in the lobby of The Commons (near the Campus Information Center desk) starting later this month. No postage is necessary. The Board of Elections will pick up ballots placed in the box daily.
- Make a pledge to vote: Every election year, ALL IN to Vote hosts a Pledge to Vote leaderboard for university students across the country. UMBC placed #9 in the nation on the leaderboard in 2020. This year, let's reach #1! Take the pledge, and spread the word.
- Access Maryland and out-of-state voter resources: Find the latest information, including dates for early voting and deadlines to request mailed and electronic ballots, on the UMBC Center for Democracy and Civic Life website.
- Serve as election judge: The Baltimore County Board of Elections is recruiting election judges to work at polling stations during the 2022 general election. These are paid positions and an important public service.
- Participate in Election 2022 programs: Follow the Center for Democracy and Civic Life’s myUMBC page for information about upcoming programs.