Join us for Coffee, Tea, or a Lunch Break!
Join the Asian American Faculty Council for its first meeting of the 2017 Spring Semester!
- Create a community of Asian and Asian American faculty across the campus!
- Build your network outside of your department!
- Mentor Asian American students and organizations
- Learn about our Spring Event: A lecture-performance by musician-activist Jon Jang
The AAFC is generously supported by the UMBC Office of the Provost. Please RSVP to email@example.com so we can order an appropriate amount of food and refreshments. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Friday, 10 March 2017, 2-3PM
Fine Arts 559 (located in the South Wing; use the stairwell or elevator closest to the Engineering building up to the 5th floor)
The mission of the AAFC is to promote and support opportunities for Asian American faculty members at UMBC. This broad goal encompasses the following specific aims:
- To promote Asian and Asian American faculty visibility and concerns on campus.
- To reflect Asian and Asian American visibility and UMBC diversity to the larger community.
- To promote reflection of Asian and Asian American experiences university-wide through the curriculum.
- To advance recruitment, retention and promotion of Asian and Asian American faculty.
- To aid in recruitment, retention and graduation rates of Asian and Asian American students.
- To promote and support Asian and Asian American student experiences at UMBC.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org