Third Annual Maryland Legislative Summit
Sunday, December 15, 2019 · 10 AM - 5 PM
Join the Maryland Legislative Coalition for its Third Annual Maryland Legislative Summit. The Summit will be ON CAMPUS in the Engineering Lecture Hall from 10am-5pm on Sunday, December 15.
Learn about progressive legislation that will be introduced in the State Legislature in 2020 and how YOU can get involved. Topics covered will include:
- Education - Kirwan Commission recommendations and potential funding sources
- Environment - Climate Change and how it affects Transportation, Housing, Agriculture, and Energy
- Elections - Election Security; Campaign Finance; Ranked Choice Voting
- Social Justice - the Trust Act; the Redeem Act; Bail Reform; Renter's Rights; Women's Rights; LGBTQ Rights; Disability Rights; Decriminalization of Poverty
- Health Care - Single Payer; Prescription Drug costs
- Gun Control - 3D guns; Rifles; Handgun Advisory boad
- ... and much, much more!
This is the most important event of 2019 if you want to make a difference in the Maryland in 2020. You will learn about important legislation and meet activists from dozens of advocacy organizations.
Tickets cost just $5. If you cannot afford the ticket cost, please contact email@example.com to work something out.
Come spend a day learning about what is happening in Maryland and how you can be the catalyst for making it a better place to live, learn, and work!