The 8-week, free-of-charge course for rising seniors is designed to introduce students to the coding, research methodology, and professional skills relevant when applying for a pre-doctoral research position at a university, research institution, or think tank. Participants will also receive a stipend for taking part in the course. Please share with students you feel would benefit from this opportunity. Applications are due June 30, 2021.
The course, taught by Chicago Booth’s Pradeep K. Chintagunta, will run from July 12 to September 2, meeting from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. CDT Monday through Thursday evenings. The course will give students an opportunity to:
- Develop their ability to pose and answer meaningful questions in the social sciences using a rigorous research methodology
- Gain experience with large, real-world data sets
- Prepare, present, and get feedback on a research project from discipline experts
- Sharpen their professional and communication skills through a series of weekly workshops
- Network with fellow students interested in a similar career
- Further understand the pathway to a career in research