The Brookings Institution is looking to hire UMBC Research Interns for this summer. The positions are full-time, paid ($15 per/hr) and are open to undergraduates and graduate students.The Brookings Institution is a highly regarded, nonprofit public policy organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to conduct in-depth research that leads to new ideas for solving societal problems at the local, national and global levels. It takes pride in being one of the world’s leading think-tanks.
Culture: Our work environment encourages our employees in both research and non-research positions to have an impact on problems facing society. Brookings emphasizes individuality while promoting institution-wide collaboration, and fosters collegiality among staff in all departments and at all levels. At Brookings, employees have opportunities to engage with thought leaders and scholars, participate in professional development programs and attend Brookings events.
The following summer internships are available on UMBCworks (descriptions attached)
- Research Internship, Metropolitan Policy Program (position 9313824)
- Research Internship, Economic Studies Program (position 9313822)
- Research Internship, Gender & Education Research Intern, Global Economy (position 9313825)
- Research Internship, Foreign Policy Program (position 9313826)
- Research Internship, Brown Center on Education Policy, Governance Studies (position 9313823)
- Submit your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript via UMBCworks by Monday, February 24th. If you have any problems submitting your credentials, simply contact Christine Routzahn at the Career Center (firstname.lastname@example.org)