Virtual Forum: Social Science Faculty Respond to COVID-19
An Interdisciplinary 'Ask the Expert Forum'
- Nicholas Bonneau, Lecturer, Department of History; a historian of science and medicine and a public historian; also currently teaching HIST 200, "Global History of Pandemics"
- Charissa Cheah, Professor, Department of Psychology; PI on a new National Science Foundation-funded research grant to study prejudice and discrimination against Chinese-Americans due to COVID-19
- Brian Grodsky, Professor, Department of Political Science; researches disaster politics, human rights, and democratization and is a first responder and a volunteer firefighter and emergency medical technician
- Zoë McLaren, Associate Professor, School of Public Policy; researches health policy and the economics of the global spread of HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis
- Lucy Wilson, Professor, Emergency Health Services; infectious disease physician and the former Chief of the Center for Surveillance, Infection Prevention, and Outbreak Response at the Maryland Department of Health