Maryland Matters and UMBC Present: Climate Calling
A Community Conversation about Maryland's Climate Future
Join us for Maryland Matters and UMBC Present: Climate Calling: A Community Conversation. This forum will connect new leaders in Governor Wes Moore's administration and UMBC students, whose generation stands to gain or suffer the most from climate policies for years to come.
The event will include:
- Informal conversations with members of Governor Wes Moore's administration about Maryland’s climate future.
- Opportunities to connect with UMBC organizations and faculty and student researchers who are working to address issues affecting our climate and environment.
The following members of the Moore administration are scheduled to participate; please check back for updates.
- Aruna Miller, Lt. Governor of Maryland
- Kevin Anderson, Secretary of Commerce
- Rebecca Flora, Secretary of Planning
- Serena McIlwain, Secretary of the Environment
- Paul Pinsky, Director, Maryland Energy Administration
- Paul Wiedefeld, Secretary of Transportation
Snacks will be available.
This forum is part of the Maryland Matters Climate Calling project. In May 2021, Maryland Matters' founding editor Josh Kurtz stepped back from daily management of this nonprofit newsroom to undertake a project looking at the threat of climate change in Maryland. The project has yielded dozens of stories, including deeply reported analyses of state policies and a Climate Voters' guide during the 2022 election. Learn more about Maryland Matters.