COVID-19 Health & Safety
- UMBC’s Public Health Dashboard was updated with new data on May 26. There were no new positive on-campus cases during this reporting period.
- Reminder: Please report your vaccination to the University ASAP. More information here. You must report your vaccination by July 6. Locate a vaccine site here and keep in mind that many sites offer walk up vaccines as well.
- More information on our medical and religious exemption process and all necessary forms can be found here. You must have a request on file by July 6.
New UMBC Cares Faculty and Staff Emergency Fund
- UMBC is pleased to announce the launch of UMBC Cares Faculty and Staff Emergency Fund. The fund was established to assist eligible employees experiencing an emergency financial need. Information regarding the application process can be found here. Donations to the fund can be made by visiting the UMBC Grit & Greatness Campaign page.
UMBC Transitioning to RCA Stage 4 on June 1
- UMBC will transition to Stage 4 on-campus Research and Creative Achievement mode on June 1. Under Stage 4, we require a minimum of 50 sq.ft. per individual in any laboratory or studio on campus, an adjustment from the prior density of 150 sq.ft. per person under Stage 3, leading to an increase in density in labs and studios. More details are available here.
Updated Domestic Travel Guidance
- University-related domestic business travel for faculty, staff, and students will resume on June 1, 2021. The University will reinstate pre-pandemic approval policies, including the requirement that all out-of-state and overnight in-state travel be approved prior to making any travel arrangements. Learn more here.