Campus Status: The University is open, with employees working remotely. UMBC’s physical campus remains closed. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home order.
The latest campus updates are posted on the Retrievers Return website. If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Student Services and Support
- Information about UMBC’s COVID-19 symptom tracking and testing pilot program for students, faculty, and staff who have been approved to be on campus this summer is available on the program FAQ page.
- See UMBC’s campus response to recent immigration policy changes impacting international students.
- Take a virtual tour of Baltimore’s farmer’s markets with Dr. Kate Drabinski and learn how they increase food access on Monday, July 13.
- Learn the latest ways to stay connected with Student Affairs.
- Students who are interested in living on campus during the fall 2020 semester should contact Residential Life at (410) 455-2591. Leave a message and someone will return your call shortly.
- The Career Center continues to offer career and employment support to students this summer. Schedule an appointment today by going to the Center’s website and clicking on “schedule an appointment.”
Business Continuity and Staff Support
- Effective July 1, UMBC moved from a hiring pause to a hiring freeze for all vacant regular and contingent I and II exempt and non-exempt staff positions. Departments with a critical staffing need may continue to submit a hiring exception request. Further details on the University’s hiring exception process can be found here.
- UMBC’s physical campus remains closed and employees continue to work remotely. Only employees with permission from their supervisor, approved researchers, and/or approved students should be on campus.
- If you have a one-time emergency need to visit campus, call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at (443) 677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at (410) 207-0850.
- Visit the UMBC Together myUMBC group for a weekly events spotlight.