- UMBC’s new Policy on Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Harassment, and Gender Discrimination goes into effect on August 14, 2020. UMBC’s new Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy and Procedures go into effect on August 18, 2020.
- For Prohibited Conduct that occurred prior to August 14, 2020, and was reported prior to August 14, 2020, including matters currently under review, the definitions, policies, and procedures in UMBC’s former Title IX policy will be used through conclusion of the matter, including any appeal and enforcement of any sanctions.
- For Prohibited Conduct that occurred prior to August 14, 2020, but is reported on or after August 14, 2020, the policy and definitions in UMBC’s former Title IX policy will apply, but the procedures in the new policy will be used to investigate and resolve any formal complaints through the conclusion of the matter, including any appeal and enforcement of any sanctions.
- Where Prohibited Conduct occurs on or after August 14, 2020, the new definitions, policies, and procedures will apply, except that when the Prohibited Conduct is sufficiently related to a matter already under review, the former policy and/or procedures will apply to the related matter.
- There may be legal challenges to some of these regulations, and the U.S. Department of Education is issuing additional implementing guidance for the new regulations nearly every day. Either or both of these could modify the regulations and/or guidance and require us to make modifications to the new policy. In the event this occurs, OEI will work to promptly inform the UMBC community of any changes.
UMBC Office of Equity and Inclusion