COVID-19 Spring Semester Campus Access Requirements
- You can find the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 health and safety requirements for community members who are approved to be on campus during the spring 2021 semester on the Campus Access Requirements page.
COVID-19 Health & Safety
- UMBC’s Public Health Dashboard was updated with new data on January 20. There were 12 new positive on-campus cases during this reporting period.
- Please see our new COVID-19 vaccine page for more information about Maryland’s distribution plan and how you can sign up to receive a vaccine if you are currently eligible.
- To learn more about the vaccine and UMBC’s role in developing and testing it, watch President Hrabowski in Finding Hope – A COVID-19 Vaccine Town Hall.
Winter Welcome Week
- Winter Welcome Week is January 25 – 30. Welcome Week is one of UMBC’s favorite traditions. At the beginning of each semester, departments and offices from across campus come together to welcome new and returning students back to UMBC.
The Commons Update
- The Commons will be opening Monday – Friday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., beginning Monday, January 25. Building access and services continue to be limited as they were during the fall 2020 semester. There will be no indoor dining/seating at this time and general access is limited to the lower levels of the building. Available (but limited) services are: Chartwells, the Bookstore, and commonvision; community members should visit websites in advance for operating hours and available services. All other staff, offices, and departments will be operating virtually. The PNC Branch will remain closed. No indoor events are currently scheduled to take place in The Commons during the spring 2021 semester.