Three Pandemics, Three Conversations
Wednesday, March 3 • 5-6:30 p.m.
A Virtual Community Event
With grand challenges facing Maryland and the nation, UMBC alumni, faculty, staff, and students are stepping up to lead scientific, social, and policy responses that can give all of us hope for the future. Join us for a timely discussion with Retrievers who will discuss these efforts and what this moment requires of each of us as we work together to rebuild trust in science, fix structural health inequities, and reform the criminal justice system.
- The Honorable Adrienne Jones ’76, Speaker, Maryland House of Delegates
- UMBC President Freeman Hrabowski
- The UMBC Annapolis Alumni Network and Brian Frazee ’11, M.P.P. ’12, President of the UMBC Alumni Association and Vice President for Government Relations, Maryland Hospital Association
Featured Speakers Include:
- Rebuilding Trust in Science – featuring Freeman and Jackie Hrabowski, UMBC President and First Lady; Dr. Kate Tracy, M.A. ’01, Ph.D. ’03, Special Advisor to the Senior Vice Chancellor, University System of Maryland, and Professor, Epidemiology & Public Health, University of Maryland School of Medicine; and a video message from lead inventor of the Moderna vaccine, Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett ’08, M16, Senior Research Fellow in the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Viral Pathogenesis Laboratory.
- One Virus, Different Experiences – featuring Dr. Letitia Dzirasa ’03, Baltimore City Health Commissioner; Josh Michael ’10, Director, Baltimore School Partnerships and Sherman STEM Teacher Scholars Programs, UMBC; and Diane Bell-McKoy ’73, CEO, Associated Black Charities.
- Redefining Public Safety – featuring The Honorable John Olszewski, Jr., Ph.D. ’17, Baltimore County Executive; William Joyner ’11, Equity Officer, Baltimore City Police Department; and Eric Ford, Director, The Choice Program at UMBC.
Learn more at umbc.edu/3conversations