The Keith Porter Imaging Facility has entered Stage 3 RCA Mode with increased density of users and more flexible scheduling. Instrument users must carefully review the rules below.
I am now training new users on the instruments. Please have trainees contact me to set up a session. I will provide written materials/videos in advance and stand 3 feet from the trainee (or outside of the microscope room) during the in-person portion of the session.
I will also still be offering full service imaging; please see the work order submission process. NOTE: We will be charging assisted usage rates for full service imaging now that training for new users is available.
New or returning users must fill out and sign ourSafety Policy and Access Request form for access to the instruments/facilities (no need to re-submit if you have already filled out this form during Stage 2).
- Users must comply with each building’s respective entry/tracking protocol for each imaging session:
- Biological Sciences: No entry on weekends.
- Physics: Sign in and out via Google form. Contact building manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) for user-specific forms.This building has remained locked, so you will need a key to enter.
- Sign up for instruments at least 24 hours in advance.
- Users may now sign up for an instrument on the same day as another person but you must schedule at least an hour time buffer between each session.
- Users must follow the density requirements for each facility.
- Biological Sciences: 3 peopleallowed simultaneously within separate microscope rooms (ie. Room 083 Leica stereoscope or Zeiss Axio Observer, Room 084 Leica confocal, Room 086 FEI TEM). No entry on weekends.
- ILSB: 2 people allowed simultaneously on separate instruments (ie. Room 324G Zeiss confocal, Room 324H Flow cytometer or Room 324 Zeiss Stereoscope).
- Physics: 2 people allowed simultaneously on separate microscopes (AFM or FEI SEM).
Masks are required at all times (no eating while in the facility!)
Only the person that signed up for the time is allowed (i.e no labmates, friends, etc.)
Keep the microscope room door closed while you are imaging, if applicable.
Maintain 3 ft distance from other users at all times.
Immediately upload images to your Box or Google Drive because you will not be able to reenter the facility unless you are on the schedule.
Disinfectants and hand sanitizer will be located in each room. You must sanitize your hands before operating the instruments anddisinfect the mouse, keyboard, desk and light switches before and after usage.