SLED IT LEADERSHIP FORUM
Join the University of the District of Columbia, Networking For Future (NFF), and your regional government and education IT peers for this complimentary forum, designed and led by SLED IT leaders, specifically for SLED IT leaders.
Monday, December 9, 2019 from 11:30 a.m to 3 p.m
University of the District of Columbia
UDC Student Center Ballroom
4200 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Session 1: Application Performance and Business Intelligence
Application performance management (APM) and business intelligence (BI) tools have become essential components of SLED Cloud migration projects, Cloud service level agreement (SLA) enforcement, and managing big data from multiple sources. Hear Cloud migration lessons-learned from Prince William County Government Virginia, how American University tracks student engagement for their Provost, and how APM tools help your IT teams narrow the visibility gap of your end users.
Session 2: Smart Cities/Smart Campus
Much has changed since “smart technologies” began to appear on the Gartner Hype Cycle For Emerging Technologies. Learn how the Government of the District of Columbia is piloting Long Range (LoRa) low power wireless communications technology to jump-start it’s Smart City projects, what 5G really means to local government and education, and how DC Water is working with municipalities across the United States, including Flint, Michigan, to deploy smart water fountains they co-developed, with a positive return on investment (ROI).
· Lindsey Parker: Keynote – CTO, District of Columbia (DC) Government
· Mike Rogers – Executive Director, Information Services and Management, UDC
· Tegene Baharu – CTO, Prince William County Government
· Dave Swartz – VP and CIO, American University
· Glen Carter – VP of Technology Services, Networking for Future (NFF)
· Dave Clow – Acting CIO, Metropolitan Police Department, DC Government
· Tom Kuczynski – Vice President Information Technology, DC Water
· Andrew Afflerbach – CEO and CTO, CTC Technology and Energy
· Mitsuko Herrera – ultraMontgomery Program Director, Montgomery County
Contact Chris Peabody, Chief Strategy Officer at NFF for more information: email@example.com