Some quick updates for you...
Mark Group as Read
You can now mark the notifications from a group as read in the notifications interface. You can only mark a single group as read at a time to ensure you don't inadvertently mark important updates from groups as read in a run to get that number down to zero.
Student have a new experience when going to the Guide in myUMBC. The new Guide offers the following:
- Featured articles from UMBC Extra Credit
- Upcoming deadlines
- A view of your degree progress donut
- Links to specific sections of your profile to manage your registration, billing and more
- The most used campus resources
We're hoping over time to phase out Topics as we focus on more using the Profile as a way to provider faster and more straightforward access to your information. However, if you still need them, they are available for the next few months.
We hear your feedback on favorites and while we know that for some it is a useful feature, it is used by so few people, and so sparingly, we don't feel it makes to move over at this time. We'd like to point out the following though:
- You can now export your favorites an import them into your browser. We've provided a tool and an FAQ to help you.
- The most commonly created favorites can usually be found on the Start page in the Trending section of the Guide.
- For Faculty and Staff, clicking on the Guide will present a collection of resources that should meet 95% of your needs.
Internet Explorer User
We're sorry for all of the frustration. We still aren't sure what is causing the problems you're experiencing, but please don't hesitate to reach out of us, if you haven't already. The more data we get about what is going on, the easier it will be for us to fix it.
Please keep the feedback coming. We may not always respond, but we are listening.