● Developing Campaign Literature including: website content, print material, phone banking and canvasser scripts.
● Voter registration with the goal of increasing voter turnout from 2018 gubernatorial campaign.
● Interfacing with Campaign Platform to develop robust voter identification program (analyzing voter data to identify individuals most likely to vote and identifying issues of interest to them)
● Analysis of Precinct information from previous council races to determine best voter outreach strategies
There are many other responsibilities that this internship includes. These responsibilities and further information about how to apply for the internship can be seen on the pdf attached to this post. The internship is unpaid. However, I would like to remind you of the following opportunity regarding obtaining financial support for unpaid internships.
Do you plan to pursue an unpaid internship or service/volunteer opportunity at a Maryland-based organization for Summer 2021? Whether you have already accepted an unpaid summer position OR are planning to obtain one, we encourage you to apply now for a competitive financial stipend through UMBC's Student Internship & Service Fund! This fund is co-sponsored by the Career Center and Shriver Center, and is made possible by the generous support of our alumni, campus and community members.
Stipend Award Amounts:
- $1,500 stipend for unpaid internships totaling 120 hours or more this summer
- $750 stipend for unpaid service opportunities totaling 60 hours or more this summer
- GPA of 2.5 or higher (if you are a transfer student and do not yet have a UMBC GPA, email email@example.com)
- You must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student who will return to UMBC in Fall 2021.
- You must have obtained an unpaid position at a Maryland-based organization for Summer 2021, OR you must secure a position by May 1, 2020. We will work with selected candidates to assist you in this process.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and a brief statement of purpose by Sunday, April 4. Search the job ID 9322922 under "Jobs" in UMBCworks.