Campus Status: The University is open, with most employees working remotely. UMBC’s buildings are secured, with some employees and research teams on campus and taking appropriate health and safety precautions. Our goal is reduced density on campus while continuing business, which will help support campus health and safety. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home order.
The latest campus updates are posted on the Retrievers Return website. If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Services and Support
- Recent immigration policy changes affecting international students have been rescinded; more information is included in this campus message.
- Information about UMBC’s COVID-19 symptom tracking and testing pilot program for students, faculty, and staff who have been approved to be on campus this summer is available on the program FAQ page.
- Learn more about faculty preparation for fall online instruction in this article: UMBC faculty on a mission to prepare robust, high-quality online classes for fall semester.
- Check out UMBC Recreation’s group fitness classes on IGTV on Instagram: Mondays through Thursdays at 10 a.m. and 5 p.m, Sundays at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m., and bonus classes on Saturdays at 10 a.m.
- Need technology support? Visit DoIT’s FAQ Knowledge Base wiki.
- UMBC’s buildings are secured, with some employees and research teams on campus and taking appropriate health and safety precautions. Only employees with permission from their supervisor, approved researchers, and/or approved students should be on campus.
- If you have a one-time emergency need to visit campus, call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at (443) 677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at (410) 207-0850.
- Visit the UMBC Together myUMBC group for a weekly events spotlight.