Campus Status: The University is open, with most employees working remotely. UMBC’s buildings are secured, with some employees and research teams on campus and taking appropriate health and safety precautions. Our goal is reduced density on campus while continuing business, which will help support campus health and safety. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home order.
The latest campus updates are posted on the Retrievers Return website. If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Services and Support
- Residential Life is still accepting applications for fall 2020 housing. Students interested in living on campus for the fall term should complete an application at umbc.edu/go/housing as soon as possible so it can be considered in the next round of housing offers. Offers are made weekly, and we recommend students check their UMBC email regularly for updates. For more information about fall housing, please visit the Residential Life website. If you have specific questions, please submit a Request Tracker (RT) ticket.
- The Albin O. Kuhn Library & Gallery will provide virtual and contactless services for the Fall 2020 semester. The building will remain closed to users to ensure the safety of our staff and community. Read the full plan on the Retrievers Return website.
- Save the dates for upcoming Off-Campus Student Services events.
- Submit your creative work to the Commonvision Physical Distanzine!
- UMBC’s buildings are secured, with some employees and research teams on campus and taking appropriate health and safety precautions. Only employees with permission from their supervisor, approved researchers, and/or approved students should be on campus.
- If you have a one-time emergency need to visit campus, call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at (443) 677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at (410) 207-0850.
- Visit the UMBC Together myUMBC group for a weekly events spotlight.