Campus Status: UMBC is open, with most students, faculty, and staff studying, teaching, and working remotely. Facilities remain closed. If you have an emergency, please call UMBC Police at (410) 455-5555. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home Order. However, travel and other restrictions remain in Baltimore County and other areas.
The latest campus updates are posted on the Retrievers Return website. If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Student Services and Support
- The America East conference has postponed all sports competitions for the duration of the fall semester. Learn more here.
- UMBC’s Counseling Center staff continue to meet with students this summer. To make an appointment with a counselor, please call (410) 455-2472 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and leave a message with your phone number. A staff member will return your call within a few hours. If you need urgent after-hours assistance, please call (410) 455-3230.
- Join Summer STEM for a Lunch and Learn session on Wearable Sensors and Infrared Cameras on Wednesday, July 22, at 12 p.m.
- Submit to seb’s Instagram ‘90s playlist collaboration on Thursday, July 23.
- Save the date for the Bender Disability Virtual Career Fair on Wednesday, August 5, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- UMBC’s buildings are secured, with some employees and research teams on campus and taking appropriate health and safety precautions. Only employees with permission from their supervisor, approved researchers, and/or approved students should be on campus.
- If you have a one-time emergency need to visit campus, call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at (443) 677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at (410) 207-0850.
- Visit the UMBC Together myUMBC group for a weekly events spotlight.