Campus Status: UMBC is open, with most students, faculty, and staff studying, teaching, and working remotely. Facilities remain closed. If you have an emergency, please call UMBC Police at (410) 455-5555. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home Order. However, travel and other restrictions remain in Baltimore County and other areas.
The latest campus updates are posted on the Retrievers Return website. If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Services and Support
- The student cost to attend UMBC has been reduced for the fall 2020 semester. Learn more here.
- Check out the latest Stay Connected with Student Affairs, including an announcement about Welcome Week.
- Students can take the online Leadership Challenge to explore different paths to leadership, and have meaningful discussions about leadership with other UMBC students.
- Learn five things students should know about UMBC Financial Aid resources.
- Read an update on Library services for fall 2020.
- The Behavioral Risk Assessment and Consultation Team (BRACT) supports community members who experience behaviors of concern within and among the UMBC community. To report or consult about behaviors of concern, please email email@example.com. To learn more about behaviors of concern, please view these important videos.
- UMBC’s buildings are secured, with some employees and research teams on campus and taking appropriate health and safety precautions. Only employees with permission from their supervisor, approved researchers, and/or approved students should be on campus.
- If you have a one-time emergency need to visit campus, call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at (443) 677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at (410) 207-0850.
- Visit the UMBC Together myUMBC group for a weekly events spotlight.