Campus Status: UMBC is open, with most students, faculty, and staff studying, teaching, and working remotely. Facilities remain closed. If you have an emergency, please call UMBC Police at (410) 455-5555. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home Order. However, travel and other restrictions remain in Baltimore County and other areas.
The latest campus updates are posted on the Retrievers Return website. If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Services and Support
- The Center for Democracy and Civic Life will host a virtual Civic Courage Journaling Gathering on Friday, July 31, at 1 p.m.
- The Mosaic Center presents [Free]dom Friday: Dismantling Columbus on Friday, July 31, at 3 p.m. [Free]dom Fridays are designed to provide a virtual space to have an open dialogue about social justice and identity-based topics with other participants.
- Need help managing your personal finances? Learn more about the UMBC FinancialSmarts CASHCoach program.
- UMBC’s buildings are secured, with some employees and research teams on campus and taking appropriate health and safety precautions. Only employees with permission from their supervisor, approved researchers, and/or approved students should be on campus.
- If you have a one-time emergency need to visit campus, please call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at (443) 677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at (410) 207-0850.
- Visit the UMBC Together myUMBC group for a weekly event spotlight.