Campus Status: UMBC is open, with most students, faculty, and staff studying, teaching, and working remotely. Facilities remain closed. If you have an emergency, please call UMBC Police at (410) 455-5555. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home Order. However, travel and other restrictions remain in Baltimore County and other areas.
The latest campus updates are posted on the Retrievers Return website. If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Services and Support
- Please see the Provost's revised guidance on University-recognized Applied Learning Experiences, including Internships, Cooperative Education, Research Experiences, and Service-Learning & Community Engagement activities. Graduate students engaged in faculty-directed research and creative achievement activities that require off-campus or field work should follow the research exception process.
- Bender Consulting Services hosts a Disability Virtual Career Fair on Wednesday, August 5, 9 a.m. ﹘ 6 p.m.
- Join (seb) for Improv Instagram Comments all day on Thursday, August 6.
- Save the date for “Where My People At: Multicultural Engagement at UMBC,” a virtual open house on Thursday, August 18, 3 - 4:15 p.m.
- UMBC’s buildings are secured, with some employees and research teams on campus and taking appropriate health and safety precautions. Only employees with permission from their supervisor, approved researchers, and/or approved students should be on campus.
- If you have a one-time emergency need to visit campus, please call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at (443) 677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at (410) 207-0850.
- Visit the UMBC Together myUMBC group for a weekly event spotlight.