Campus Status: UMBC is open, with most students, faculty, and staff studying, teaching, and working remotely. Facilities remain closed. If you have an emergency, please call UMBC Police at (410) 455-5555. Maryland is currently under a Safer at Home Order. However, travel and other restrictions remain in Baltimore County and other areas.
The latest campus updates are posted on the Retrievers Return Roadmap website. If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
COVID-19 Testing and Symptom Tracking
- Students who are approved to be on campus this fall are receiving more information this week about testing and symptom tracking requirements directly via email.
- Beginning today, August 13, all students approved to be on campus during the fall 2020 semester will be required to complete UMBC’s online symptom tracker every day, seven days a week.
- More information about testing and online daily symptom tracking requirements is available on the student sections of the Retrievers Return website.
Student Services and Support
- Students can sIgn up for DoIT’s Start of Semester Student Technology Sprints to make sure they are tech "self-sufficient" to learn online. Sessions start on August 16.
- An International Student Experience town hall will be held Friday, August 14, at 10 a.m.
- Learn about Virtual Navigation of the Job Search During COVID-19 on Friday, August 14, at 2 p.m.
- The Mosaic Center presents “Where My People At: Multicultural Engagement at UMBC” on Tuesday, August 18, at 3 p.m.
- Save the date for Off-Campus Student Services’ Adult Learners and Veterans Fall Welcome event for new and returning students on Monday, August 24, at 6 p.m.
- UMBC’s buildings are secured, with some employees and research teams on campus and taking appropriate health and safety precautions. Only employees with permission from their supervisor, approved researchers, and approved students should be on campus.
- If you have a one-time emergency need to visit campus, please call UMBC Police Deputy Chief Bruce Perry at (443) 677-2195 or Lieutenant Derrick Johns at (410) 207-0850.
- Mask up in style with a UMBC mask, available at the UMBC Bookstore. More styles are coming soon.
- You're invited to UMBC’s Fall Opening Meeting on Thursday, August 20, at 11:30 a.m. Register ASAP for this important annual event, now online. More than 400 community members have already signed up to attend.
- Visit the UMBC Together myUMBC group for a weekly event spotlight.