Please see the latest updates on UMBC’s Retriever Ready website. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Health & Safety
- UMBC’s Public Health Dashboard was updated with new data on September 16. The dashboard provides timely data about the prevalence of COVID-19 within our main campus, based on UMBC’s on-campus testing and reported results from off-campus testing among UMBC faculty, staff, and students who are approved to be on campus this fall. The latest update includes both new data (primarily from post-Labor Day testing of residential students) and cumulative data.
- Please review this revised COVID-19-Related Class Absences guidance.
Protect Yourself with a Seasonal Flu Shot
- As influenza (flu) season quickly approaches, it is important to take precautions to prevent the spread of influenza. Please take time to familiarize yourself with the CDC guidance on Seasonal Influenza Prevention and Vaccination. Getting a flu vaccination is particularly important this year. It will help reduce the number of preventable hospitalizations related to flu, which will, in turn, support our nation's medical community in ensuring that persons impacted by COVID-19 receive adequate and timely medical care. It is possible to have both COVID-19 and influenza. Getting a flu vaccine helps to protect individuals, their households, and their communities from the spread of seasonal flu.
UMBC Health & Wellness Services
Claim Your Future: Attend the Fall Virtual Career & Internship Fair
- Students: UMBC talent is in high demand, so be sure to register for the UMBC Fall Virtual Career & Internship Fair taking place on Wednesday, September 23. Connect with more than 80 employers who will be recruiting for intern and full-time positions. This event is just like an in-person career fair, but online. It's an easy and efficient way to find internships and career opportunities. Employers are already beginning to review the resumes of those who plan to attend. Registration is required.
- Join with other UMBC community members for a town hall on Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation in Our Communities on Thursday, September 24, 4-6 p.m. Learn about UMBC’s Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation Campus Center and UMBC’s connection to a national framework addressing race equity. The Shriver Center’s Choice Program, along with community partners, will also share how structural racism has impacted youth development in Maryland and how we all can become agents of change. Please register here.
- Visit the UMBC Together website for recent social media posts and the UMBC Together myUMBC group for information on upcoming events.