Spring 2021 Semester Planning
- Please read this campus message for an update spring 2021 semester planning.
COVID-19 Health & Safety
- UMBC’s Public Health Dashboard was updated with new data on October 14. The dashboard provides timely data about the prevalence of COVID-19 within our main campus. There were no new positive cases during this reporting period.
- Keep up the good work UMBC﹘masks on, at least six feet of distance, and avoid gatherings! Keep UMBC safe and healthy﹘both on and off campus!
UMBC Participating in USM Pilot with Maryland Health Care Exchange
- UMBC is participating in a pilot between the University System of Maryland (USM) and the State of Maryland’s health care exchange to “assist UMBC in taking swift actions to promote and to protect the health and safety of students, other individuals on campus, and the surrounding community.” Learn more here.
Protect Yourself with a Seasonal Flu Shot
- The CDC recommends flu vaccines this year and every year. Here is some helpful information about who needs a vaccine and when. And check out this list of locations in the Catonsville-Arbutus area offering flu shots. Remember to call ahead to ensure the location you plan to visit has vaccines available.
Smart Essentials: How to Access Services for Basic Needs
- Join FinancialSmarts and Retriever Essentials on October 23 at 12 p.m. for Smart Essentials, featuring presentations and a Q&A about basic needs services and how to access them, including the UMBC Counseling Center, University Health Services, Maryland 211, and the United Way.
- Join us for The Empowered University: Internationalization and Global Engagement on Tuesday, October 27, 4 to 5 p.m. Topics will include: how UMBC is supporting our international students, faculty, and staff; new programs to support international research, travel, and community-building; and a general overview of our work moving forward as a globally engaged university. Please register here.
- Visit the UMBC Together website for recent social media posts and the UMBC Together myUMBC group for information on upcoming events.