Greek Week 2013
Greek Week Committee Meetings - Mondays @ 4:30 in Greek Room
Greek Week 2013
Saturday, April 27th & Sunday, April 28th
Service Weekend & Kick-Off
- Chapters can participate in service projects on Saturday and Sunday. Service hours may only take place between 9am-8pm and should be a service activity, not an activity that creates a good, or funds. Our Service Weekend will cap off with a "Breakfast for Dinner" potluck at 8pm on Sunday.
Monday, April 29th
Greek Factor - 8pm - UC Ballroom
- A UMBC Greek exclusive talent show!
- Three Categories: Music | Dance & Step | Novelty
- Criteria acts will be judged on: Audience Attention, Preparedness, Creativity & Chapter Pride
- Judges: UMBC staff w/Greek affiliations to chapters other than the ones chartered at UMBC
- Performances are restricted to 5 minutes and will be drawn at random within their respective categories
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with information on who will be performing for your chapter and the category in which they will be competition - Due by April 15th by 5pm.
- One entry per chapter.
- Light snacks will be provided
Tuesday, April 30th
Take Back the Night - 6:30pm - Quad
- A march on campus to raise awareness as we make strides to end sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual abuse and all other forms of sexual violence
- The Clothesline Project will be on display on Commons Main Street on April 16th from 10AM to 4PM
- Greeks who have been impacted by sexual assault/relationship violence can make a shirt beforehand to be included in the Project. We will be designing shirts in the Greek Room on April 11th from 12PM-1PM. There is also opportunity to design shirts through the Women's Center
- Chapters will receive points for creating Rally Signs for the day of the March. These signs will be judged by representatives from the Women's Center - The winning sign will receive additional points.
Wednesday, May 1st
- Socials are to include 3-4 chapters and/or should be planned between chapter(s) that don't generally get together during the year. If you have alcohol, you must adhere to all FIPG guidelines.
Thursday, May 2nd
Greek Games - 4:30pm - Quad
- Chapters will compete in three games. Chapters are encouraged to bring equipment for pick-up sports matches and other outdoor games.
- Pie Eating Contest
- Relay Race
- Water Balloon Toss
Friday, May 3rd
Greek Ball & Awards Ceremony - 8pm - UC Ballroom
- Greek Week's closing ceremony where we celebrate past successes and announce awards to individuals and chapters for exemplary achievement. Finger foods and light snacks will be provided.