Accessibility and Disability Services (ADS) is operating remotely during the physical closure of the UMBC campus for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. Disability accommodation letters remain in effect during this period of telework and essential operations, though work-related questions and concerns may arise about disability-based accommodation.
Important to note:
1. The ADS website has a "business continuity" posting on our landing page. Important information, accommodation request processes and resources will continue to be updated there.
2. As of March 19th, ADS staff are in the process of updating other pages of the ADS website accessibility.umbc.edu. Employees with risk factors are encouraged to contact Human Resources for telework and leave options (UMBC COVID-19 link here). If you are unable to find the information being sought, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Similarly, business continuity information about Student Disability Services and academic accommodations is located on their website: https://sds.umbc.edu/.
3. ADS staff are working remotely. You may email or call for general information, please use email@example.com. Staff will be checking that email throughout the day during business hours. You may also call 410-455-5745 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
4. ADS staff are available for online or phone appointments. If you are a UMBC employee with accommodations please email to book an appointment - send along your phone number as it might not be what we have on file. If you need assistance with booking an intake or follow-up phone or videoconference appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-455-5745.
5. The most up-to-date campus information for students, staff and faculty can be found at covid19.umbc.edu.
We look forward to communicating with you by phone, email or videoconference.