The National Park Service and partnering agencies will offer internships during the academic year of 2016-2017. This notice covers the period January – May 2017. Internships are for 400 hours (usually ten weeks at forty hours per week) and in Washington, DC except where noted. Stipends range from a total of $4800 for shorter positions up to $18,000 for longer-term positions; the position supervisor will have details on the stipend amount for a given position if you are called for an interview. The exact starting dates will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
To be eligible, you must be currently enrolled in an academic program in historic preservation or an allied field, or very recently graduated (degree received August 2015 or later). Interns are not eligible to work more than 1200 hours in this program; previous interns in the program must stay within this overall limit.
Sample Job Postings (92 current open and available):
- Archeology Program
- Cultural Resources Office of Interpretation and Education
- Cultural Resources GIS
- National Capital Region, Anthropology
- National Capital Region, National Historic Landmarks Program
- Harpers Ferry Center, NPS Commissioned Art Collection
- Cultural Resources Office of Interpretation and Education, Youth Programs and Heritage Initiatives
- Park Cultural Landscapes Program
- Tribal Relations and American Cultures, Archives Assistant
- Midwest Archeological Center, Park Archeology Program
Deadline to apply is October 28, 2016. To download the full document of job listings & instructions to apply, visit job number 9287118 in UMBCworks.
For help getting started with your resume/cover letter contact the Career Center at (410) 455-2216, visit our drop-in hours from 2-4PM (M-F), or schedule an appointment in UMBCworks.