Here is one of our talented designers, Faryal!
1. If you could describe your design style in a few words, what would they be?
My deign style is clean but also merges some illustrative properties to create visual dynamism.
2. Where do you get inspiration from?
From everyday life! I am the biggest design geek ever. I love looking at layout of magazines, compositions on graphic tees, packaging in super markets, movie posters. I also love interior design and I love going to furniture outlet stores and malls during christmas time. Besides that I love using design studio websites, logo designers blogs and blogs like pinterest and tumblr.
3. What is your favorite font?
My favorite font is Baskerville. I have a special liking for the serifs and that texture that they create and Baskerville is forceful yet elegant.
4. When did you know you wanted to be a designer?
I took my first design class just for fun and I knew within the first few days! It is rather surprising when you realize the power of design.
5. Do you work in any other mediums?
I love combining photography, collage and layering of the two with my design. Photo montages are my favorite.
6. What is your favorite color combination?
Many! I love a whole array of colors. But I will say that it might be a cliche but my tried and true favorite would be black, white and red. Classics for a reason.
7. What’s one tool you could never live without? (can be any design program)
command Z! Its my life :)
8. What’s your biggest design pet peeve?
Kerning. It causes me deep pain and torture to see messed up kerning. The space between the ‘it all ends’ on the last Harry Potter movie poster continues to bother me to this day.
9. If you could be a designer for any company, which would it be? Pentagram design firm. It my dream!
More to follow soon!