We are delighted to inform you about several changes to our campus-wide guidelines that will directly impact our Research & Creative Achievement (RCA) community:
- Under Stage 4 On-Campus RCA Mode we require a minimum of 50 sq.ft. per individual in any laboratory or studio on campus – an adjustment from the prior density of 150 sq.ft. per person under Stage 3 RCA Mode, leading to an increase density in labs and studios.
- Any currently active approvals for On-Campus RCA activities will remain in effect through at least July 6, 2021, albeit subject to changing regulations issued by the State of Maryland, USM, or UMBC.
- It is critical that you submit your UMBC travel request through the DocuSign Travel Pre-Approval prior to making travel arrangements to ensure reimbursement regardless of the funding source.
- All travelers on University-related travel are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the onset of the travel, unless appropriate waiver documentation is on file with the University.
- After June 1, 2021, the submission of a request for Off-Campus RCA approval is no longer required.