Ultra Experience Skill Builder: Communication Tools
Prepare your course for Blackboard's redesigned interface!
Skill Builder workshops focus on core components of Blackboard. They are intended for novice users of the learning management system (LMS) who need to learn how to use core components & supporting technologies, or for users who want to refresh skills.
By the end of the Communication Tools workshop, faculty should be able to:
- Customize notification settings in the Ultra Experience
- Create & send a private message to one user
- Create & send a message as an announcement
- Create & reply to a discussion
- Create groups & enroll students
- Add office hours & events to the course calendar
- Describe the difference between discussions & conversations
- Create a conversation
- Review Collaborate location & activity indicator
NOTE: All Skill Builder workshops are Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). Laptops are preferred. If you need to borrow a device from DoIT, please let us know 24 hours in advance.